Wednesday, December 10, 2008

baskets of hope Jon Buckley

This thanksgiving I was given the opportunity to work together with many great people in the community leadership program at the Thompson School. After our thanksgiving food basket project was assigned early in the semester, I was not so sure we would reach our goal of ninety baskets. Even though I knew I was working with some great people who care a lot about the community we live in, I was kind of doubtful that we could find ninety donors in the Durham area. Was I ever wrong. As the semester rolled on, we started getting donations from people all around the UNH campus, departments I didn't even know existed. As a member of the residence halls group, our group's goal was to get thirty baskets from the different residence halls throughout the campus. At first, we struggled finding dorms which would organize a basket for us. However, as time went on, we kept recieving calls back from various residece halls, pledging a basket for our food drive. As Thanksgiving neared, we arrived just under out goal of thirty baskets, making me very proud. In total our class along with Cornucopia took in over 150 food baskets from various members of the Durham area. I would just like to thank all donors, as they made Thanksgiving possible for many families who deserve to have a wonderful thanksgiving.

No comments: